Pages

Sunday 1 November 2015

Halloween

For Halloween, I didn't dress spooky but wore my handmade Alexandra Henry x Ghastlies cat skirt and my new Cherie Cerise cutsew. I went for a vintage/retro black/grey/white theme.



I made the skirt last year but had doubts about wearing it because I worried that the cats were not all that lolita. I was happy with this coord though and have decided to keep it. I just made a simple rectangle skirt, attached it to a waistband, and added a black ruffle to the bottom edge. It is lined and has a zip, and I didn't bother with shirring as I can just make it to fit my measurements. 


I really love this cutsew from Cherie Cerise! As it is made from jersey and chiffon, it is comfy and easy to wear, so it feels more casual than a blouse but still looks very beautiful. I bought this at Regalia and decided to order one in cream as soon as I got home.


I also made the headbow, the shoes are from Bodyline and everything else is offbrand.


Before we went out in the evening, I did some sketching inspired by an old shoujo manga I picked up that day, while my boyfriend practised his guitar. It felt good to both be creative together again.


We met up with our two best friends to have pizza and watch old 1950s horror films. The cape is from eBay, and I added the (super soft!) fur collar from Lisa Angel. The bag is from Ahchacum Muchacha and I decided to swap my shoes for these witchy lace up boots from New Look.


Headbow, skirt: handmade
Bag: Ahchacum Muchacha
Cutsew: Cherie Cerise
Fur collar, cape, shoes, accessories: offbrand


No comments:

Post a Comment