Pages

Monday 21 September 2015

Baby, the Stars Shine Bright fashion show


I woke up early today in order to watch the live streaming of the Baby, the Stars Shine Bright fashion show, filled with new releases! It was exciting joining the live chat and waiting for it to load with other people. Baby is one of my favourite brands for their attention to detail and ability to conjure up designs that look as if they jumped straight out of a fairy tale.

I took screenshots of the show and you can see all the outfits (including ouji styles) on my tumblr blog, but I thought I'd share a few of my favourites here. Unfortunately the camera didn't always focus, and sometimes chopped the models' feet off(!) so these were the best I could get. It was also streamed at quite a low resolution (720p). I think it will be uploaded to YouTube again in a few days if you missed it.



There were mixed feelings about "Steampunk Alice" as I'll call her, but I really liked it, and not just because I'm a sucker for Alice prints. I just felt that they could have ran with the steampunk theme more as it looks too cautious here. I like the bag  and vest/corset (or is it part of the JSK?) but the gun seems to be there just for the sake of it, which was a bit odd.



I loved this print, and although I don't think I'd wear this cut myself (as it's quite OTT) – I'd love it as a skirt.


This print was interesting and I'd like to see other colourways, such as blue.


Witchy goodness.


I wasn't sure about the wedding dress trend but I did like the styling, especially the flowers.



Who doesn't love Usakumya? I liked the royal theme here and the print is so cute.


Close up of the print. The camera wouldn't focus so I couldn't grab anything sharper.



This had a Snow White feeling to it and reminded me of a fairy tale.


Misako! In a cute country style coord.



More flowers and frills.


Ok I lied a bit about the wedding dresses – this one I did really like. I just couldn't imagine wearing it!


The models and designers. It looks like the pink JSK I showed earlier is available in blue!

Overall it was an interesting show to watch, and I'm glad I saw it, but there is nothing that I feel I desperately need in my life. The styling was inspiring, and I think my favourite designs were the steampunk Alice, the moon/carousel (3rd photo) and the royal Usakumya (these aren't the print names – I don't know what those are yet). I think the moon/carousel one wins it for me as I love the navy/black/gold combination as well as the moon and stars.

For more pictures click here.

What were your favourites from the show? 

No comments:

Post a Comment